Friday, May 6, 2016
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
(Registration: 8 to 8:30 a.m.)
3959 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Director, STAR-Center Outreach
At the conclusion of this conference, participants should be able to:
- Identify the recent trends in youth suicide and possible contributions.
- Discuss the relatively cost-effectiveness of different approaches to the primary prevention of suicidal behavior in adolescents.
- Evaluate the potential roles of improved service coordination.
- Explain the role of method restriction as a means of youth suicide prevention.
- Discuss the key components of a comprehensive school suicide prevention program.
- Describe the aims of Pennsylvania's current SAMHSA grant focusing on schools and suicide prevention efforts.
- Identify and locate resources for schools and communities affiliated with SAMHSA grants.
This program is appropriate for clinical and educational personnel.
There is a $60 registration fee for this conference. Cost to employees of Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic is $30. The registration fee includes a light breakfast (coffee/tea/juices/muffins, etc.) and continuing education credits.
PLEASE NOTE: Participants will receive keynote and workshop handouts via e-mail prior to the conference. We will no longer be providing hard copies of handouts the day of the conference.
Full tuition must accompany the registration form. A $10 administration fee will be deducted from all refunds for cancellations. All refund requests must be in writing and received in the office no later than Thursday, April 28, 2016. Please return registration form by Friday, April 29, 2016.
Continuing Education Credits