STAR-Center Outreach is available to provide training to school districts and agencies throughout the Commonwealth on an array of topics as they relate to students at risk. These services are provided at no cost because of the generous support STAR-Center receives from the PA General Assembly.
Listed below is a sampling of topics we have provided in the past:
- Beyond the Blues: A Look at Depression and Anxiety in Our Youth.
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention: Creating Safe and Caring Schools.
- Crisis Management and Postvention Training for Schools.
- Depression Among Youth: What Every Professional Should Know.
- Depression and Youth Suicide: A Review of Research and Resources for Professionals.
- Issues Impacting Youth at Risk: Strategies, Interventions and Office Support.
- Mental Health Issues Among Youth: Suggestions and Strategies.
- Mental Health Issues and Youth: A Review of Research and Resources for Educators.
- Postvention in Schools: Continued Practices, Revised Recommendations and Current Challenges, Postvention Update Training for Schools.
- Promoting Resiliency with At-Risk Youth: An Update for Paraprofessionals.
- Redirecting Bullying Behavior, Engaging Targets and Empowering On-lookers: What Caring Adults Need to Know.
- Restocking our Toolbox: Skill Based Strategies to Reduce Vulnerability to Difficult Emotion.
- Self Harming Behavior Among Youth: The School's Role in Prevention, Intervention and Postvention.
- Self-care for the Helping Professional.
- Stress and Suicide Prevention.
- Suicide Prevention on Campus: A Review of Research and Resources for Resident Assistants.
- Tweaking Our Tool Box: Updating Our Services While Maintaining Self-Care.
These services are provided at no cost because of the generous support STAR-Center receives from the PA General Assembly, through funding to the the University of Pittsburgh