STAR-Center is pleased to invite you to our 2018 conference in Pittsburgh!
Friday, May 4, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
(Registration: 8 to 8:30 a.m.)
3959 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Director, STAR-Center Outreach
At the conclusion of this conference, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the relationship between social media use and adolescent suicidal risk
- Explain the potential role of social media in reducing suicidal risk
- Identify recommended steps for dealing with common problems of internet use such as excessive use, interference with sleep, and cyber bullying
- Identify evidence-based, practical approaches for teachers to use in supporting students with anxiety and depression
- Develop enhanced therapist-teacher communications
- Propose options to involve educators in the treatment of patients with anxiety and depression
This program is appropriate for clinical and educational personnel.
There is a $60 registration fee for this conference.
Method of Payment ($60 Registration Fee); ($30 Registration Fee - WPIC/University of Pittsburgh Employees). Use code star2018.employee if registering online at https://upmc.asapconnected.com/CourseDetail.aspx?Courseld=160120 and paying with a credit card. The registration fee includes a light breakfast (coffee/tea/juices/muffins, etc.) and continuing education credits.
Instructions for registering at: https://upmc.asapconnected.com/CourseDetail.aspx?CourseId=160120:
1. Click on ‘Register Now’ (small box at bottom of page)
2. If "STAR-Center Conference" appears under ‘Shopping Cart’, click on ‘Checkout’ (think of this as ‘continue’).
3. Register as a new registrant, or sign in if you already have an account (username is your e-mail).
4. When the conference name appears again, click on ‘Checkout’ (again, think of this as ‘continue’)
5. Continuing Education Credit – Please use dropdown list for credential or choose Not Applicable (you must complete this). Click on ‘continue’.
6. Please answer all questions regarding workshop choices.
7. Enter your promotional code if applicable (please see above). Click on ‘Apply to Total’!
8. Add credit card information if applicable, and click on ‘Process Payment’.
9. Complete Transaction and print your receipt.
PLEASE NOTE: Participants will receive keynote and workshop handouts via e-mail prior to the conference. We will no longer provide hard copies of keynote or workshop handouts the day of the conference. Please print a copy and bring it with you if you prefer to have a hard copy the day of the conference.
Full tuition must accompany the registration form. A $10 administration fee will be deducted from all refunds for cancellations. All refund requests must be in writing and received in the office no later than Thursday, April 26, 2018. Please return registration form by Friday, April 27, 2018.
Continuing Education Credits
Continuing Education Credit is available for this program for Psychologists, Counselors, Licensed/Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, National Board Certified Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: LSW/LCSW/LPC/LMFT, PA Educators, and other professionals. Please click here for detailed information about Continuing Education Credits.