As a Jointly Accredited Organization, University of Pittsburgh is approved to offer psychology continuing education by the American Psychological Association. University of Pittsburgh maintains responsibility for this course. Psychologists completing this course receive 5.25 continuing education credits.
[Shape, circle Description automatically generated] Education and Consultative Services of UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5059. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital is solely responsible for all aspects of this program. This program is being offered for 5.25 continuing education hours.
Licensed/Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: LSW/LCSW/LPC/LMFT
As a Jointly Accredited Organization, University of Pittsburgh is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. University of Pittsburgh maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive 5.0 continuing education credits.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Nurses and other health care professionals are awarded 0.525 Continuing Education Units (CEU's). One CEU is equal to 10 contact hours. Nurses: For attending this program you will receive a Certificate of Attendance confirming 5.25 hours of continuing education. These hours may be considered eligible for completing the 30 hours of continuing education required for biannual nursing re-licensure in Pennsylvania. Peer Specialists: This program fulfills requirements for Certified Peer Specialist continuing education.
PA Educators (Act 48):
UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital is recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to offer Continuing Education Credits under the Act 48 guidelines. UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital adheres to the Act 48 Continuing Education Guidelines. PA educators will receive 5.25 hours of Act 48 credit for completing this program.
- Upon completion of the evaluation on the CCEHS registration site, one continuing education certificate per attendee will be awarded. You will be able to obtain your APA and LSW/LCSW/LPC/LMFT certificate from this site. If you need additional certificates (NCC, General CEU, Act 48), please contact Nancy Mundy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional certificates are $10.
- If you need both the APA and the LSW/LCSW/LPC/LMFT certificate, you should obtain the LSW/LCSW/LPC/LMFT certificate from the registration site, then contact Nancy Mundy at email@example.com for the APA certificate. You will need to pay the $10 additional certificate fee.
- NBCC and General CEU certificates will come from Education and Consultative Services upon answering the questions in the evaluation regarding CE credits and an e-mail address. Please allow four- to six-weeks for this process.
- Act 48 continuing education credit hours will be uploaded into the PERMS system via the University of Pittsburgh Department of Education. Please include your PERMS number in the evaluation where requested. Your credit hours will be available in the PERMS system two weeks after the program.
- Please retain your certificate in a safe place. Replacement cost for NCC and General CEU certificates is $30.