The STAR-Center Clinic provides timely, specialized, psychiatric assessment and treatment for teens and pre-teens with depression, anxiety and/or suicidality. We provide best practice psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy and have helped to set the treatment standards for youth with these challenging conditions. For clinical referrals please contact us at 412-246-5619.
What We Offer
- In-depth assessment of current and past psychiatric problems—either for consultation, second opinions or as a gateway to treatment in STAR-Center. This evaluation can be particularly helpful for youth with very complex cases. We provide a letter detailing our findings to referring professionals.
- Outpatient treatment with cognitive behavior therapy and medication management for youth aged 12-18 with depression, anxiety and/or suicidal behavior.
- STAR-Center Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): For youth 13-18 who require more intensive treatment than outpatient. We offer a 3 day a week, Intensive Outpatient Program that provides 9 hours of treatment per week that teaches coping skills and emotion regulation using principles of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and medication management. Average length of stay is 4-6 weeks.
- Parent education and support groups to help parents understand and cope with these challenges.
- Continuation and maintenance outpatient groups for those youth who have “graduated” from STAR-Center individual outpatient therapy in order to help them maintain good function and prevent relapses.
- CO-STAR-Center Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for depressed, anxious and suicidal undergraduate students currently enrolled in a local college (CO-STAR IOP).
- Survivors of Suicide (SOS) support groups for adults who have lost a family member to death by suicide.