STAR-Center offers Survivors of Suicide (SOS) bereavement support groups for adults who have lost a loved one or family member to death by suicide.
- Open to anyone over 18 years of age, and with any type of relationship to the deceased.
- The group meets in an 8-week session. A new group begins each fall, winter, and spring.
- There is a monthly group for those who have participated in the weekly group.
- A professionally-led support group to help members cope with the death of a loved one from suicide.
- The purpose of the group is to give survivors an opportunity, in a safe environment, to voice the many painful feelings that suicide leaves in its wake.
- Survivors share their experiences with other survivors who are in different stages of grief, and learn from each other.
Upcoming Groups: Due to Covid-19 and the need for social distancing, these groups are currently being held virtually via zoom.
For more information on these services, please contact: